Thread: How can I put a password on my text messages?

Default How can I put a password on my text messages?

I'm using a samsung captivate - how can i put a password on my text messages or is there an app i can use???
    GIVING GOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE FOR ME!!!

try getting an app for it - never cared about protecting ma texts but try downloading a message app that features password protection
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

you dirty texter.... wonder what you have hiding, or who you hiding it from..

Anyway try SMS Lock. Free on the android market, let me know if it does the job.

BUT.... since these apps will most likely be running services, you can probably just stop it in app management or uninstall it and get into your text messages. So you may want to find something to password lock your phone settings too.
    Last edited by chig; May 21, 2011 at 05:52 PM.

the sms lock seems to work but I don't think I understand what your staying at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    you dirty texter.... wonder what you have hiding, or who you hiding it from..

Anyway try SMS Lock. Free on the android market, let me know if it does the job.

BUT.... since these apps will most likely be running services, you can probably just stop it in app management or uninstall it and get into your text messages. So you may want to find something to password lock your phone settings too.

If you go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications I believe you can find the SMS Lock app and either stop the process or uninstall it and the lock will be gone. So if the person really wanted to get in and knew their way around android phones that's a backdoor in.

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    I'm using a samsung captivate - how can i put a password on my text messages or is there an app i can use???

Have a look at this thread... http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...oid-Newbies%29

Look at the SMS/MMS post and try any of those apps they have a password feature built in, especially hand-cent which also password protects the default messaging app that comes with the phone...

PS: I recommend Handcent sms though especially for your needs, it has a password protected privacy box that stores selected sms/mms/email messages in a secure area that can only be access from within handcent sms no other app can see it and nobody else can either without the password

If you go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications I believe you can find the SMS Lock app and either stop the process or uninstall it and the lock will be gone. So if the person really wanted to get in and knew their way around android phones that's a backdoor in.
    that is a possible work-around yes... that is why it is best to use a messaging app that has the feature built inside it to password protect your sms/mms... i use handcent sms, with the password feature along side the privacy box.... not because of "dirty" texts but rather privacy issues.... such as addresses, phone numbers, links, pics, id numbers etc, plus my phone is connected to my bank account so i get alerts when any transactions are done against them etc... so its pretty handy
    Last edited by King_Jay16; May 23, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

I get you now but I don't think this chick knows about these things.......respect.

App Protector is a good one, it locks any app that you want to it
    Phone: Iphone 4S (Jailbreaked) - Powered By LIME ~~~~ It's the most amazing iPhone yet
    Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2011