Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Gots good news for android users

Default I Gots good news for android users

yo mi peeps - there was a post here earlier talking about how the android market is growing stronger, but to be honest - the actual growth of the market has surpassed my expectations. based on what i see here, not only is the number of apps exponentially increasing, and the number of devices supported, but now they have now added support for the market store in over 99 countries - including JAMAICA.(digicel and lime) now what this means is that for everyone who had to download "market enabler" to get paid apps - DASH DAT WEH!!

The Android Market has gone through a major update after Google I/O conference. Google has done some refreshing design changes to the interface of the Market for both mobile and desktop and made discovering of new apps easier. On top of that paid apps are now available to 99 new countries, which is a win-win for everyone.

Let's start with the improvements made to the online version of the Android Market.

The Android Market is continuing to grow larger and larger and here are some statistics to prove it. There are now over 200,000 apps available on over 300 devices. Android users have installed north of 4,5 billion apps. Those are impressive numbers, but they also mean that the Android Market has to be more user-friendly and apps have to be easier to find than before.

Hence the new features in the online version of the market. One of them is the revamped Top app charts section. It shows you the apps that are doing the best. They are country-specific, as well, which should make them more relevant to you. Google has also added top new free, top new paid, and top grossing lists to the Android Market home page. Google has also created an "Editor's Choice" which consists of applications chosen by the Android Market staff.

Developers doing well on the Market have their appearance on the Top Developers section in homepage, too. Successful developers will get a special badge next to their name.

If you are an Android user, you should be familiar with the online version of the Market and appreciate how easy it is to install new apps, without having to go through the app on your phone and do it from there.

The related apps section in the Android Market has been made better too. There are now "apps frequently browsed by people who viewed this app" and "apps that people tend to install alongside this app".

And finally the trending apps section, which lists the apps with the most daily installs.

Also the amount of countries, supporting paid apps has been increased by 99 new ones. This means that those countries will have the full access to the Android Market experience (and most of all, paid apps), without the need to employ hacks and mods. Here's the full list.

i'm in the market now seeing JA prices up for games - not bad.. asphalt 6 and Modern Combat 2 for 600 dollars? dat nuh bad u kno boss!! i like dat!

check it out on the online market and test it out on ur handsets

https://market.android.com/
    Last edited by vylle; May 13, 2011 at 12:52 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

so is this already in effect?

with the market support for jamaica now I hope this can lead to a good deal on data plans for the android phones!

jamaica is on it - wow, u know how it feel when you to select your country on a website and no jm to select, this is gr8
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

this is EXCELLENT news indeed....big up the Caribbean!!
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Android me seh!!! This is great news - I just hope one of providers can give us a 'proppa' data plan
    Phone: Nexus 4 | [ALL STOCK] | Powered by Digicel
    System: Asus Maximus V Gene | Core I5 3570K | CM Hyper 212 | 3x 4GB 1866MHz | GTX 670 FTW | Crucial M4 256 and WD Caviar Black 1TB & 640 GB | Asus 24x DVD RW | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair HX650

the prices are still in USD but this is good, also don't think market enabler works anymore, but I am wondering how the payment thing would go now, data plan soon come I hope, I been on the edge data plan and its really nothing special its good that its there but its slow
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

well, given that android has taken the time to support Lime and digicel (i think they recognize lime mostly) - it would be nice for lime to return the favor and provide affordable dataplans for androids and iphones. but sadly, the way i see it lime's actions are simply reactions to the market demand.. and what does majority of the market want? BB *KMT
    Facebook || Twitter

hopefully 3g will come to digicel soon
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

its a plan of theirs to salvage it from the network claro leaves behind but i doubt that any of the carriers here actually PLAN to make dataplans for android when the masses here want blackberry
    Facebook || Twitter

just a general data plan not specific to phone or device