PDA

View Full Version : Digicel Email to SMS

nigelt
March 13, 2005, 01:25 PM
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Digicel seems to be having quite a bit of trouble with their Email to sms service?

I use TJ's Web2SMS service VERY frequently and when those messages don't go through I use Hotmail or Gmail to send email to Digicel phones. It's been my experience that AT LEAST one day per week, emails (from all of the above services) are not delivered by Digicel.

Sometimes it takes hours for it to be delivered. Sometimes the same message is delivered 5 or 6 times.
Does anyone know what the root of this problem is and whether Digicel plas to address it? It's been happening for quite some time. Right now, it's been down since last night.

$Pretty Boy$
March 13, 2005, 02:04 PM
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Digicel seems to be having quite a bit of trouble with their Email to sms service?

I use TJ's Web2SMS service VERY frequently and when those messages don't go through I use Hotmail or Gmail to send email to Digicel phones. It's been my experience that AT LEAST one day per week, emails (from all of the above services) are not delivered by Digicel.

Sometimes it takes hours for it to be delivered. Sometimes the same message is delivered 5 or 6 times.
Does anyone know what the root of this problem is and whether Digicel plas to address it? It's been happening for quite some time. Right now, it's been down since last night.

I think it would have been the site that your'e sending the message from fault and not Digicel (not sure though). I think you should ask the moderators of Tech Jamaica who would be responsible for that. However when sending at text to a Digicel phone it must include thedigicelnumber@digitextjm.com for it to work.

nigelt
March 13, 2005, 04:34 PM
I think it would have been the site that your'e sending the message from fault and not Digicel (not sure though). I think you should ask the moderators of Tech Jamaica who would be responsible for that. However when sending at text to a Digicel phone it must include thedigicelnumber@digitextjm.com for it to work.

I think it's very unlikely that the TJ Web2SMS, Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo would all experience problems sending an email to a Digicel email address all at the same time, while sending messages to everyone else without a problem. Seems to be an issue with Digicel.

$Pretty Boy$
March 13, 2005, 04:48 PM
Hey Nigelt, i see what you mean, probably you can call customer care to make then aware of that issue..... In the mean time let me introduce you to Digicel's Web Text. I don't want to deter you from using any of the other mediums, especially Tech Jamaica since it's conflict of interest however since sending of text to Digicel phones doesn't work via those mediums you can check out Digicel's Web Text......

What is webTEXT?
Digicel webTEXT is another first for Digicel. This service allows Digicel customers to log on to the Digicel website and send up to 30 messages absolutely FREE to other Digicel subscribers over a period of one month!

How do I find it on the Digicel website?
Simply go to www.digiceljamaica.com click on digiZONE and you will see a link entitled digiWEBTEXT - Click here for Web SMS From this page you can either log-in or register if you’re a first time user.

Is this service available to non-Digicel customers?
No – this service is exclusively for Digicel customers to send messages to other Digicel customers.

Do I have to register?
The first time you use the service, you must register. After that, you simply log on using your Digicel mobile phone number and assigned password and you can send messages

Any other questions feel free to ask!!

Chris
March 13, 2005, 04:56 PM
For the record and as nigelt has correctly concluded, the recent problems with sending messages to Digicel is outside of TechJamaica's control.

nigelt
March 13, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hey Nigelt, i see what you mean, probably you can call customer care to make then aware of that issue..... In the mean time let me introduce you to Digicel's Web Text. I don't want to deter you from using any of the other mediums, especially Tech Jamaica since it's conflict of interest however since sending of text to Digicel phones doesn't work via those mediums you can check out Digicel's Web Text......

What is webTEXT?
Digicel webTEXT is another first for Digicel. This service allows Digicel customers to log on to the Digicel website and send up to 30 messages absolutely FREE to other Digicel subscribers over a period of one month!

How do I find it on the Digicel website?
Simply go to www.digiceljamaica.com click on digiZONE and you will see a link entitled digiWEBTEXT - Click here for Web SMS From this page you can either log-in or register if you’re a first time user.

Is this service available to non-Digicel customers?
No – this service is exclusively for Digicel customers to send messages to other Digicel customers.

Do I have to register?
The first time you use the service, you must register. After that, you simply log on using your Digicel mobile phone number and assigned password and you can send messages

Any other questions feel free to ask!!

Thanks. I knew about this service, but you only get like 30 free texts a month. I'd finish that in a day or less!! :)

$Pretty Boy$
March 13, 2005, 06:03 PM
Ok cool. Just call customer care and advised them then.

Chris
March 13, 2005, 06:36 PM
It appears that Digicel has resolved the problem so messages are going through, for now.

nigelt
March 13, 2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the update Chris.

johno
March 13, 2005, 10:29 PM
the fault is on digicel side, someone sent me some messages from after 7 this morn and after 6 in the evening i received them one after the other.

koolie
March 25, 2005, 03:22 PM
Does anyone know the address to send email to ur phone for u to recieve it as a mms ??

maxden
March 25, 2005, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know the address to send email to ur phone for u to recieve it as a mms ??

1876*******@digitextjm.com if u have a digicel, (replace the 7 stars with ur cell #)

edit: heres C&W address as well

338phone#@mail.cwmobile.com (redi cellie)
876phone#@mail.cwmobile.com (GSM)

nigelt
March 25, 2005, 06:01 PM
I don't know if you can send attachments to your phone on Digicel. I just tried using Hotmail and the attachment wasn't delivered.

maxden
March 25, 2005, 06:21 PM
i think this has somthing to do with the size of the
attatchment being sent,
the file type and
the tpye of phone u hav and
the file size limit that ur phone accepts
and the file type it accepts as well,

most mobile phones around dont hav a lot of memory, only the high end models,

thats y email to sms is still sorta limited right now

nigelt
March 25, 2005, 06:25 PM
i think this has somthing to do with the size of the
attatchment being sent,
the file type and
the tpye of phone u hav and
the file size limit that ur phone accepts
and the file type it accepts as well,

most mobile phones around dont hav a lot of memory, only the high end models,

thats y email to sms is still sorta limited right now

I believe koolie was asking about email to MMS, not SMS.

I'm using a Motorola v300 with 5mb of available memory and sending a 3kb attachment. Maybe Digicel has blocked the delivery of attachments so you have to use their GPRS service to get multimedia files for the 'net. I have a data cable so it's not really a big deal.

wolfman
April 14, 2005, 06:59 PM
It appears that Digicel has resolved the problem so messages are going through, for now.
I think its down again :eusa_thin I keep getting this

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

.........@digitextjm.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts:
[dezines.digiceljamaica.net (0): Connection refused]

Chris
April 14, 2005, 07:46 PM
yes wolfman, Digicel's email-sms system seems to be down again. At this present time it's been down for more than 2 days.

wolfman
April 14, 2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the advice I didn't see it on the home page.
Web2SMS service issues
We are currently experiencing problems sending SMS messages to the Digicel network. As a result, messages sent to these mobile phones are either not being delivered or there's a delay in the delivery. We apologise for any inconvenience caused as this problem is beyond our control. Please try again soon.

Chris
April 15, 2005, 02:38 PM
As of now, Digicel's system appears to be working.

wolfman
April 15, 2005, 07:56 PM
As of now, Digicel's system appears to be working.
fi real :eusa_clap i am getting through now